Recipe for this week: Fresh Nectarine and Green tomato Salad with Basil
4 green zebra tomatoes, cored and cut into ½ inch wedges
4 large, firm nectarines, any variety, stems tripped, cut into ½ inch wedges
½ cup fresh basil leaves, hand-torn
½ cup red onion slivers, cut paper-thin lengthwise
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine the tomatoes, nectarines, basil and onion in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the salad with the olive oil and splash the vinegar over the top.
- Gently fold the ingredients together.
- Serve at room temperature.
Tune in soon for another farmers market tour with Rochelle!