- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange tomatoes in a baking
dish. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Toss with thyme. Roast until tomatoes begin to burst,
about 20 minutes. Scrape tomatoes and any juices into
a bowl and let cool slightly.
- In a medium straight-sided skillet, heat 2 inches
of water over medium until bubbles cover bottom and
sides of pan. Crack each egg into a separate small
bowl. Gently pour eggs into pan, leaving room between
them. Cook eggs, undisturbed, until white is just set
and yolk is still loose, 4 to 5 minutes. Use a rubber
spatula to gently release eggs from bottom of pan, if
necessary. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from
water. Blot bottom of spoon on a paper towel to remove
excess water before serving.
Serve eggs over English muffin halves. Season
with salt and pepper. Top with roasted tomatoes.
For more information on this recipe head to: http://www.wholeliving.com/130283/poached-eggs-roasted-tomatoes?czone=e¢er=155850&gallery=136187&slide=130283
For more healthy recipes head to: http://www.marthastewart.com/
Enjoy this protein-rich mini meal first thing in the morning — or at any time of day.